The Transport Team have become aware of an issue with the Campus Shuttle booking system, which has meant the drivers are unaware how many seats to keep free for Liberty Quays. We are working with Kings Ferry to find a permanent solution. In the meantime, Kings Ferry are implementing an interim solution to ensure that everyone who books a ticket can travel.
To guarantee a seat on the campus shuttle, you must book by 04:00am on the day of travel. This allows Kings Ferry to issue their drivers with a booking report confirming the number of tickets booked and a list of passenger names. Any bookings made after this time will be subject to availability at the stop as the driver will be unaware that the booking has been made.
For a step by step guide on how to book a seat on the campus shuttle, please visit our website (https://www.kent.ac.uk/campus-shuttle/index.html).
The last day the Campus Shuttle service will run this academic year will be Friday 14 June 2019. Thank you for travelling on the Shuttle service.
The Shuttle will start running Saturday 14 September 2019 for the start of Arrivals Weekend.
The free Campus Shuttle service between Medway and Canterbury campuses runs term-time only.
For more information visit the Campus Shuttle webpage
Booking is now available for the Campus Shuttle. Book a seat online
If you are using the service to travel to exams, be sure to book a seat to guarantee your travel. Where possible, we recommend booking on an earlier service to ensure you arrive in plenty of time for your exams.
The Campus Shuttle starts running again Tuesday 7 May 2019 for the start of the summer term.
The Campus Shuttle is a free coach service between Medway and Canterbury campuses which runs during term-time only.
For more information visit the Campus Shuttle webpage or follow @CampusShuttle
The shuttle runs term-time only. The last day the shuttle will be running this term will be Friday 5 April 2019.
The shuttle will start running again at the start of the summer term on Tuesday 7 May 2019. Booking will be available a week or so before this date. We will tweet when booking becomes available.
For more information visit the Campus Shuttle webpage or follow @CampusShuttle on twitter.
Did you know that the shuttle vehicles have the following features on board?
- USB charging points so you’ll never run out of charge on the journey
- Wi-Fi to keep you connected
- Fold down tables on the larger vehicle to help you work
- Toilets so you’re not caught short
The Wi-Fi on the shuttle vehicles has recently been upgraded. The new password is Kingsferry50.
Book a seat online at www.kent.ac.uk/campus-shuttle
We hope you are enjoying the changes to the Campus Shuttle. The changes were made based on results from the shuttle survey, completed by over 450 students and staff. Summary of the changes:
- passengers can now board the Campus Shuttle at Liberty Quays for travel to Pembroke campus and the Dockyard (Western Avenue)
- to allow for passenger boarding time without losing the hourly service, the shuttle now only stops once on the Canterbury campus, at Keynes bus stop
- the service no longer stops at Darwin bus stop
- the on-the-hour timetable continues with some changes to peak travel times to improve reliability
- change of route: Keynes- Liberty Quays- Dockyard (Western Avenue)- Pembroke- Dockyard (Western Avenue)- Liberty Quays- Keynes
- the new booking system allows you to book a seat on the day
- there are two new, larger Campus Shuttle vehicles (53 and 34 seaters) wrapped with a University of Kent design
There are other benefits of the service, the Campus Shuttle:
- is a free, regular service
- runs on weekdays and weekends
- has on-board Wi-Fi
- has on-board USB charging points
- new booking system is mobile-friendly
If you would like to provide feedback on the Campus Shuttle please contact TransportTeam@kent.ac.uk
The new booking system for the Campus Shuttle is now open. The booking system is known as My Mobile Tickets, a service provided on behalf of The Kings Ferry by Mobile Onboard Limited.
How to book a seat
- Select ‘Book or cancel a seat’ on the shuttle webpage from your desktop, tablet or mobile phone. www.kent.ac.uk/campus-shuttle
- Log in using your University of Kent details. The first time you register you will be asked to confirm your email and mobile number.
- Choose the direction of travel for your journey and press ‘Book’. Choose the date and time you wish to travel and press ‘Select’. Check your booking details and press ‘Get Ticket Now (Free)’.
- On your Tickets page, click ‘Show Ticket’ to access your ticket for boarding. If you have a smartphone you can scan the ticket on your phone on the device located on the shuttle vehicle. If you do not have a smartphone, you can download and print your ticket. Scan the printed ticket when your board the shuttle.
Need help with your ticket? Visit the Help Portal within the web app or email Mobile on Board at email@example.com
Benefits of the new booking system
- Ability to book or cancel a seat on the day of travel
- Designed to be mobile-friendly. Don’t forget to download a shortcut on your smartphone home screen
- Simple and easy to use
- Provides live data for better monitoring
To learn more about all the other changes to the shuttle including new vehicles, adjusted timetable, and changes to shuttle stops, see our Campus Shuttle changes story
Please follow @CampusShuttle on Twitter for service updates or view these on the University planning your journey web page. If you would like to give feedback about changes to the shuttle service, please email TransportTeam@kent.ac.uk
We hope you enjoy travelling on the service provided by the University of Kent and operated by The Kings Ferry.
Having listened to your suggestions from the recent Campus Shuttle survey, which over 450 staff and students completed, there will be some exciting changes to the service from January.
In response to your feedback:
- passengers will now be able to board the Campus Shuttle at Liberty Quays for travel to Pembroke campus and the Dockyard (Western Avenue)
- to allow for passenger boarding time without losing the hourly service, the shuttle will now only stop once on the Canterbury campus, at Keynes bus stop
- the service will no longer stop at Darwin bus stop
- the on-the-hour timetable will continue
- we are introducing two new, larger Campus Shuttle vehicles (49 and 34 seaters).
Medway student feedback was clear in wanting the new service from Liberty Quays to the Pembroke campus and the Historic Dockyard. To ensure we can keep an hourly service, the decision had to be made to remove one of the stops at Canterbury. The majority of you in the survey said you’d prefer to keep the Keynes bus stop, or had no clear preference.
Features of the new vehicles include Wi-Fi, USB charging points, more comfortable seats, a toilet and fold out tables on the larger vehicle. Both of the vehicles will be wrapped in a University of Kent design.
We’ll be publishing more information for the new improved service in the New Year.
The last day the shuttle will be running this term is Friday 14 December 2018. Thanks to everyone who has travelled with us. We hope you have enjoyed using the free service.
The shuttle will start running again from Monday 14 January 2018.
Thank you to everyone who completed the shuttle survey. Your feedback is very valuable and will help inform university senior managers to make decisions about the shuttle service.
We will provide a further update in January.
The University are making some changes to the Campus Shuttle service. We need your feedback to help us make these decisions.
If you are a user of the free shuttle service between Canterbury and Medway campuses, please select the link below to complete our survey. The results of the survey will be presented to the University’s senior managers so make sure you have your say.
Complete the Campus Shuttle survey
The survey should take around 5 minutes to complete. The deadline for the survey is 9 December 2018 (23.59).