Due to the official opening of the Command of the Oceans Gallery there will not be any parking available at the South Mast Pond car park this Thursday 26 May 2016.
Alternative parking will be available and Chatham Historic Dockyard staff will be on hand to direct people during the day. The same number of parking spaces will be maintained albeit in a different location for the day.
Please ensure your vehicle is moved from the South Mast Pond car park by 11pm tonight Wednesday 25 May 2016.
Parking will return to the South Mast Pond on Friday 27 May 2016.
From 29 May 2016:
- The current ‘Triangle’ timetable (4/4A/4X and 6/6A/6X) will become two separate timetables. One timetable for the 4 and 6 services, and one timetable for the new Triangle service.
- The new Triangle service will operate with brand new double decker buses with free Wi-Fi and USB charging points as well as special local designs for Whitstable, Herne Bay and Canterbury displayed on the new buses.
- Route 36 buses serving University of Kent will be replaced with the new route 4 buses. See timetable below.
- Triangle (NEW) – the new Triangle will run a direct route between Canterbury > Whitstable > Herne Bay > Canterbury every 15 minutes in each direction, during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. During the evening and on Sundays, the Triangle will run as the existing 4/6 timetables, with journeys via University of Kent, Greenhill and Broomfield.
- Route 6 (NEW) – the new route 6 will run from Canterbury to Tankerton via Broomfield, Herne Bay and Greenhill every 30 minutes during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. Buses will continue beyond Tankerton towards Whitstable and Estuary View Medical Centre but will be numbered route 4, passengers can stay on the bus.
- Route 4 (NEW) – the new route 4 will run from Canterbury to Tankerton Priest & Sow via University of Kent, Estuary View, Whitstable High Street and Whitstable Station every 30 minutes during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. Buses will continue beyond Tankerton towards Green Hill and Herne Bay but will be numbered route 6, passengers can stay on the bus. Buses towards Canterbury will call into Whitstable Station Forecourt.
For full details of the changes see here .
Car park closures will take place to allow for the following Kent Union events
Kent Union annual event – Party in the Car Park
Giles Lane Pink and Blue Zone car parks will be closed from 23:00hrs Saturday 28 May and reopened on Monday 6 June 2016.
Monkswell Pink Zone car park will be closed from 23:00hrs Friday 3 June and reopen on Sunday 5 June 2016.
Kent Union Woodys annual summer event- Woodysfest
Blue Zone car park outside Woodys, 14 spaces, will be closed from 23:00 hrs Thursday 26 May and reopen on Wednesday 1 June 2016.
Please remember, that it is likely that other car parks in the centre of campus may be full and we advise you to consider alternative means of transport, where possible. As per the Traffic Regulations we do not guarantee a space to park, however there is normally parking available in Park Wood, remember parking bays are available next to the Park Wood accommodation.
Pink permit holders – can continue to use all other Pink and Blue zone car parks.
Blue permit holders – can continue to use all other Blue Zone car parks which will include rear of the Sports Centre, Park Wood courts, Oaks and the Pavilion
We recommend that you consider allowing for the additional time that may be required to travel to and from Park Wood. Pedestrian signs within Park Wood Courts will inform you of the average time required to walk to the main campus. Alternatively, you can use the Park and Ride bus ticket that was sent with your parking permit to travel to and from Park Wood and central campus.
Parking enforcement will continue in accordance with the University Regulations for the Management of Traffic.