Road and car park repairs are scheduled to commence on Monday 24 April. These maintenance works are expected to take approximately three days and cover the following areas:
- Missing Link service road
- Darwin road
- Access road to Giles Lane car park
- Sports Centre road
- Eliot Service road and car park
- University Road
- Keynes car park
During this time all entrances to car parks will remain accessible. The work, which has been contracted by Estates, has not been scheduled near car park entrances during peak travel times to avoid disruption. Please see parking map for location of car parks and roads. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
01227 82 3609 firstname.lastname@example.org @unikent_travel www.kent.ac.uk/transport
Estates Department, University of Kent, Park Wood Road, Canterbury, CT2 7NN
- Wednesday 19 April- 55 spaces will be reserved in Giles Lane blue zone for visitors to the applicant day as requested by Enrolment Management Services. This is the final applicant day for the current admissions cycle and we like to thank you for your patience during these essential recruitment events.
Spring vacation events
- During the spring vacation there may be some events or conferences which require parking for visitors. As we are out of term-time these events should not be too disruptive. All visitors to campus are required to display a valid permit to park.
Where to park
Please remember that Accessible Bays can only be used by valid Government Blue Badge holders or University of Kent Accessible Permit holders. It is essential that these bays are kept free for those who require them.
There are 528 parking bays in Giles Lane car park. As over 50 of the bays will be unavailable to permit holders in Giles Lane car park on Wednesday, Campus Security will endeavour to inform staff and students when the car park is full on this day by placing notices on Giles Lane.
You may find that you are required to park in the Park Wood Courts car parks in front of the residences and therefore we recommend you consider this when planning your journey to the campus.
As per the Traffic Regulations, although we do not guarantee a space, parking should still be available in other car parks including car parks around Park Wood Courts. There are pedestrian signs within Park Wood Courts which inform you of the average time required to walk to the main campus. Alternatively, you can use the Park and Ride bus ticket that was sent with your parking permit to travel to and from the main campus.
See car park map for car park locations.
Parking enforcement will continue in accordance with the University Regulations for the Management of Traffic.
Thank you for your cooperation