From 29 May 2016:
- The current ‘Triangle’ timetable (4/4A/4X and 6/6A/6X) will become two separate timetables. One timetable for the 4 and 6 services, and one timetable for the new Triangle service.
- The new Triangle service will operate with brand new double decker buses with free Wi-Fi and USB charging points as well as special local designs for Whitstable, Herne Bay and Canterbury displayed on the new buses.
- Route 36 buses serving University of Kent will be replaced with the new route 4 buses. See timetable below.
- Triangle (NEW) – the new Triangle will run a direct route between Canterbury > Whitstable > Herne Bay > Canterbury every 15 minutes in each direction, during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. During the evening and on Sundays, the Triangle will run as the existing 4/6 timetables, with journeys via University of Kent, Greenhill and Broomfield.
- Route 6 (NEW) – the new route 6 will run from Canterbury to Tankerton via Broomfield, Herne Bay and Greenhill every 30 minutes during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. Buses will continue beyond Tankerton towards Whitstable and Estuary View Medical Centre but will be numbered route 4, passengers can stay on the bus.
- Route 4 (NEW) – the new route 4 will run from Canterbury to Tankerton Priest & Sow via University of Kent, Estuary View, Whitstable High Street and Whitstable Station every 30 minutes during the daytime Mondays to Saturdays. Buses will continue beyond Tankerton towards Green Hill and Herne Bay but will be numbered route 6, passengers can stay on the bus. Buses towards Canterbury will call into Whitstable Station Forecourt.
For full details of the changes see here .