On this blog you will find details about our favourite published work, details of events and discussions, and research projects by CPCS associates. Use the buttons at the top to visit the different areas of the Blog.
- ‘STOP MUGGING GRANDMA: The ‘Generation Wars’ and Why Boomer Blaming Won’t Solve Anything’ New book by CPCS’s Jennie Bristow just published. Info here
- Childhood, Wellbeing and Parenting. View details of this project, led by Professor Claude Martin. Access slides and a summary of a presentation by Ellie Lee and Jan Macvarish, ‘Parental Determinism and Child Well Being’.
- Films from ‘Policing Pregnancy: Who should be a mother?’ are now on You Tube, you can access them from this page.
- Feeding Children Inside and Outside the Home is published by Routledge. This collection, is brought together and edited by Vicki Harman, Benedetta Cappellini and Charlotte Faircloth. More details here
- Themed section of Social Policy and Society, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) – Implications and Challenges including article by Jan Macvarish and Ellie Lee ‘Constructions of Parents in Adverse Childhood Experiences Discourse’. Read more on this area of work.
CPCS book: Parenting Culture Studies Why have the minutiae of how parents raise their children become routine sources of public debate and policy making? This book provides in-depth answers to these features drawing on a wide range of sources from sociology, history, anthropology and psychology, covering developments in both Europe and North America. See more information about the book, and buy it here
Read this feature in Kent Magazine, celebrating three years of our Centre.