On this blog you will find details about our favourite published work, details of events and discussions, and research projects by CPCS associates. Use the buttons at the top to visit the different areas of the Blog.
Watch this short film, which discusses the ideas and approach of the Centre.
- CPCS at the Battle of Ideas We are delighted to be the programming partner for the following sessions, ‘Does epigenetics justify ‘early intervention’? and ‘The International Abortion Wars’ at the BOI on October 28th and 29th 2017
- Pregnancy and Parenting Culture Read more about our work and events on this theme using the following links: Policing Pregnancy and Abortion Research
- Sociological Research Online Special Section ‘Making Parents across Borders’ edited by Charlotte Faircloth and Zeynep Gurtin, looking at the relationship between Assisted Reproduction and Parenting Culture
- Helen Reece 1968-2016 Helen died on 26 October 2016, from complications related to cancer. Helen was a founding Associate of CPCS and an inspiration to all who encountered her, and her work. This is Helen, speaking on ‘Parental Responsibility as Therapy’, a CPCS event. Other tributes can be read here and here.
- CPCS book: Parenting Culture Studies Why have the minutiae of how parents raise their children become routine sources of public debate and policy making? This book provides in-depth answers to these features drawing on a wide range of sources from sociology, history, anthropology and psychology, covering developments in both Europe and North America. See more information about the book, and buy it here.
- Read this feature in Kent Magazine, celebrating three years of our Centre.