Due to extended repairs and works having to be delayed because of other roadworks occurring in the area, National Highways are continuing to carry out repair works on the A2 between Canterbury & M2 junction 7 (Brenley Corner roundabout, Faversham).
- Weekend 05 November 21:00hrs to 06:00hrs 08 November – A2 closed London bound
- Weekend 19 November 21:00hrs to 06:00hrs 22 November – A2 closed coast bound
- Weekend 26 November 21:00hrs to 06:00hrs 29 November – A2 closed coast bound
We highly recommend the driver plans their journey before leaving home.
For drivers travelling on the M2 we have provided recommendation of a route below for the driver to consider. Please note this recommendation was written for advice at the time of publication.
Weekend commencing 19 & 26 November (Open Day)
The A2 will be closed eastbound towards Canterbury. The information below is our recommended route for drivers travelling to our Canterbury campus.
National Highways signed diversion will be via A299 all the way to St Nicholas roundabout then A28 into Canterbury. As this route is a longer diversion for those travelling by car to the Canterbury campus, we recommend the following route:
- M2 continue on road past junction 7, where the road changes to the A299.
- A299 take the exit for Whitstable A2990 and follow signs towards the A290 (Canterbury)
- A290 follow the road for approx. 4 miles, turn left into University Road
- Once on campus look for the yellow Open Day parking signs and follow these to the car park.
View our recommended route on Google Maps.
Note: The A2 is open travelling towards London
Weekend commencing 5 November
The A2 will be closed westbound from Canterbury to Brenley Corner, Faversham roundabout.
We recommend drivers leaving our Canterbury campus consider:
- Turning right out of campus, following the signs to Whitstable using the A290 then join the Thanet Way A299 or
- travel into Canterbury City to Wincheap roundabout and turn right onto the A28 towards Challock and use the A251 back to the M2 or
- travel into Canterbury City to Wincheap roundabout and turn right onto the A28 towards into Ashford and join the M20.
Note: The A2 is open travelling towards Canterbury but will direct you into the City.