Kent Union Summer Ball
Wednesday 31 May- Sunday 4 June – Eliot car park will be fully closed during this period to allow Kent Union to set up and hold their annual Summer Ball (approx. 35 bays). Please ensure your vehicle is removed by 22.00 on Tuesday 30 May. Kent Union will hand back the car park at 8.30 on Monday 5 June and will be reopened if safe and agreed with Estates to do so.
Saturday 3 June- Rutherford car park will be fully closed to create a temporary taxi rank to assist with the Kent Union Summer Ball. Please ensure your vehicle is removed by 22.00 on Friday 2 June. Rutherford car park will be reopened on Sunday 4 June.
Accessible parking during this closure
We have contacted all Government Blue Badge holders or Accessible Bay permit holders who we are aware use Eliot car park, however if we have not contacted you and you have a requirement to park in Eliot car park during this closure please contact the Transport Team as soon as possible so that we can arrange alternative parking for you.
Where to park
Spaces should be available in other car parks. Please see map for location of car parks: https://www.kent.ac.uk/estates/services/parking/Parking%20Sep%202016%20map.pdf
Applicant days are essential recruitment events for the University. The number of reserved parking bays within Giles Lane car park for visitors to these events is as follows:
- Monday 13 March- 36 bays
- Wednesday 15 March- 189 bays
- Thursday 16 March- 23 bays
- Wednesday 15 March- 10 bays will be reserved in Darwin car park for VIP guests to a meeting hosted by the Dean of Humanities
- Thursday 16 March to Sunday 19 March- the accessible bays in Rutherford car park will be temporarily relocated (still located near to the building, in Rutherford car park) to allow for a loading bay to aid with the relocation into the Sibson building
Rothford path resurfacing works
- Monday 13 March to Friday 24 March- approximately 5 bays will be closed in Rothford car park. The pathway alongside Rothford, Belmont Bungalow, Highlands and Hilltops will also be closed while essential resurfacing works take place
- Reminder that the car park in front of the Innovation Centre is not a University of Kent car park and any member of staff or student parked within this area will be subject to 4.1.9 of the University Traffic Regulations.University of Kent pink zone permit holders and visitors can use the Beverley farm car park
Where to park
Please remember that Accessible Bays can only be used by valid Government Blue Badge holders or University of Kent Accessible Permit holders. It is essential that these bays are kept free for those who require them.
There are 528 parking bays in Giles Lane car parks. This means that over a third of the parking bays will be closed to permit holders on Wednesday. On this day, Campus Security will endeavour to inform staff and students when this car park is full by placing notices on Giles Lane.
You may find that you are required to park in the Park Wood Courts car parks in front of the residences and therefore we recommend you consider this when planning your journey to the campus.
As per the Traffic Regulations, although we do not guarantee a space, parking should still be available in other car parks including car parks around Park Wood Courts. There are pedestrian signs within Park Wood Courts which inform you of the average time required to walk to the main campus. Alternatively, you can use the Park and Ride bus ticket that was sent with your parking permit to travel to and from the main campus.
Car Park locations can be found on the following link but if you are unsure please contact us.
Parking enforcement will continue in accordance with the University Regulations for the Management of Traffic.
Thank you for your cooperation