There will be some disruption to cycle and pedestrian access in the Eliot area for the annual Kent Union Summer Ball.
Saturday 3 June from 18.00 (6pm) to Sunday 4 June 03.00 (3am)
- All walk ways through to Eliot and Locke building will be closed.
- No access to the Eliot cycle shelters or cycle bays to the side of Marlowe. See hatched area on map for the cycle areas that are closed.
We strongly advise that you relocate your bicycle to a different cycle shelter before 17.30 on Saturday.
Wednesday 31 May to Saturday 3 June
There will be some disruptions while Kent Union set up the area for the ball, these are as follows:
- Eliot car park will be closed all week. (This disruption has been sent to all permit holders, see blog post). However you can still access the bike shelters until 17.30 Saturday.
- Eliot garden will be closed.
- All walk ways will remain accessible until 18.00 Saturday (see above)
- The taxi rank outside the Venue will be closed on Saturday from 18.00.
- Rutherford car park will be closed on Saturday to create a temporary taxi rank for the event.
Kent Union Summer Ball
Wednesday 31 May- Sunday 4 June – Eliot car park will be fully closed during this period to allow Kent Union to set up and hold their annual Summer Ball (approx. 35 bays). Please ensure your vehicle is removed by 22.00 on Tuesday 30 May. Kent Union will hand back the car park at 8.30 on Monday 5 June and will be reopened if safe and agreed with Estates to do so.
Saturday 3 June- Rutherford car park will be fully closed to create a temporary taxi rank to assist with the Kent Union Summer Ball. Please ensure your vehicle is removed by 22.00 on Friday 2 June. Rutherford car park will be reopened on Sunday 4 June.
Accessible parking during this closure
We have contacted all Government Blue Badge holders or Accessible Bay permit holders who we are aware use Eliot car park, however if we have not contacted you and you have a requirement to park in Eliot car park during this closure please contact the Transport Team as soon as possible so that we can arrange alternative parking for you.
Where to park
Spaces should be available in other car parks. Please see map for location of car parks: https://www.kent.ac.uk/estates/services/parking/Parking%20Sep%202016%20map.pdf