Music Performance Scholar achieves Distinction in Grade 8

Many congratulations to second-year Wildlife Conservation student in the School of Anthropology and Conservation, and Music Performance Scholar, Charlotte Farmer, who this week achieved Distinction in her grade 8 examination on the flute with the ABRSM.

Her exam included repertoire by Telemann, Enesco and Chopin, and took pace at St Peter’s Methodist Church in Canterbury, accompanied by first-year Music Performance Scholar, Ronja Haller.
“I really enjoyed playing and St Peter’s church was lovely, especially in the sunshine,” reflects Charlotte. “A lot of hard work went into it, which I’m especially grateful to Ronja for.  It turns out that the ‘Presto’ of the Enesco wasn’t actually necessary but apparently a ‘welcome bonus’ which the examiner kindly told me about at the end! All in all it was over in a flash and I had no idea what the result would be, so it was a lovely surprise this morning.”
Charlotte will be playing in Concert Band next week in the spring gala concert – many congratulations to her on her success.