With the campus reopening it is time to start thinking about your journey to University. Due to the current COVID situation knowing the best way to travel can be tricky. Whatever the situation, the Transport Team’s Planning your Journey page is here to help you.
Alongside the Government safer travel guidance, we encourage all staff and students to walk and cycle to and from our campuses, where reasonably possible during this time.
Kent recommend before leaving home you plan for all journeys you will need to make before returning home and remember your journey may be disrupted due to COVID. Be prepared by always carrying with you face coverings and hand sanitizer to use in accordance with Government and University of Kent guidance, travel providers restrictions and
to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
To help you plan your journey, here are some useful links:
- Kent’s Transport & Travel main page information about travel to Kent for staff and students.
- Kent’s planning your journey page guidance to assist with planning your journey including useful web links, mobile apps and tweets to follow.
- Kent’s COVID-19 Travel page information relating to University of Kent Coronavirus travel updates.
- Government safer travel guidance page guidance from the Government on how to travel safely during COVID-19 restrictions.
- How to use Kent’s buildings information relating to University of Kent Coronavirus updates.
- Be prepared before leaving home and plan your journey. Including the journeys you need to make in between and the journey home.
- Ensure you have everything you need, such as appropriate clothing for weather change.
- Be prepared for travel disruptions. For example the bus you were expecting to catch may be full and you will need to wait for longer than anticipated.
- Ensure your vehicle/bicycle is serviced regularly.
- Ensure you are familiar with what is required to travel with the service provider. For example you are required to wear a face covering (if you can) when travelling on public transport or Campus Shuttle service. Some travel services may request card payment only and/or bookings only. Visit our COVID-19 travel page for more information on what is expected from you when travelling.
- Social distance and follow the travel providers rules.
- Ensure you know what payment methods travel providers require.
- Be familiar with and follow the Government travel guidance.
- Avoid travel during busy times, if possible.