Click and Collect service ends today so you won’t be able to reserve books that are available on the shelf after 17:00.
The library will still hold any Click and Collect items you’ve requested prior to tomorrow. When you get the email that tells you they are available, you will have seven days to collect them from the Click and Collect point.
However, from From Tuesday 1 September you will be able to access the bookshelves in the Templeman Library and get the books you need yourself.
When you access the bookshelves, please follow these rules:
- Wear a mask when moving around the library and when accessing the bookshelves, unless you are exempt
- Don’t browse the shelves: look up the location of the book through ‘Find it on the Shelf’ on LibrarySearch to minimise handling of books and the time you spend in the stacks
- Keep your hands clean: wash them before and after handling books or use the sanitisation stations at the Library’s entrances
- Don’t enter a bookshelf aisle if there’s already another person in it
- Don’t put books back on the shelf: if you’re using books in the Library without checking them out, put them into the returns machine in the Welcome Hall or into drop-off points across the Library when finished with.
You can currently only reserve items that are on the shelf in the Drill Hall Library (through our inter-site loan service) and items from the Kent Request Access collection in the Templeman Library basement.
You can no longer reserve items on the Templeman Library shelves, and you can’t reserve items on loan to someone else, so that we don’t have to recall those items and cause people to make journeys to campus.
How to borrow and return
- Borrow your books by taking them to any Borrow & Renew machine across the Library.
- Return them as normal into the returns machine in the Welcome Hall.
- We’ll quarantine any books that have been borrowed or handled for 72 hours before returning them to the shelf.