So, what exactly is remote study? Remote study is when ALL teaching and learning is delivered online, and you won’t be going on campus.
If you have chosen to study remotely, here are some key services and support on offer to you:
Learning and teaching material is mostly delivered through Moodle and KentPlayer.
Read our online teaching and learning guide for information on:
- the tech you need and support available if you need a laptop or other tech
- getting started on Moodle and Kent Player
- assessment advice
- our online library resources
- accessibility and productivity tools
And make sure you check out the Online Learning at Kent Moodle Module so that you’re fully prepared for online learning at Kent.
Your academic school will give you programme and module-specific information.
All our amazing support services are offering virtual appointments and have a wealth of online resources. See our support services for contact details and online support:
- Kent Union’s Buddy Scheme – matches you with another Kent student to offer support at uni. You can arrange to meet with them virtually on a regular basis.
- Student Learning Advisory Service
- Student Support and Wellbeing
- Careers and Employability Service
- Kent Union’s Advice Centre
- Online events calendar
- Kent Union is running a series of online events to help you meet other students at Kent. See what’s planned in our events calendar and on Kent Union’s website.
- We have set up a Facebook group for students studying remotely so you can stay up-to-date with news and events, and connect with others studying remotely.
- Check out our events calendar full of online events.