While we can’t be physically together on campus, it is so important to remember to look after your mental health and wellbeing remotely. This year on University Mental Health Day take the time to acknowledge your own mental health and take a look at these resources that may benefit you, ranging from a mindfulness check-in, a workshop on managing stress or needing extra help from the university.
There are several events offered by the university that are available to you to promote good mental health:
- Weekly guided Mindfulness Meditations with a University of Kent counsellor and mindfulness teacher
- The weekly Wellbeing Café is an opportunity to meet with other students online for mental health support, games and creative pursuits.
- Attend the Managing Stress workshop (2 March) for practical tips on how to deal with stress and stressful situations
- The Finding Friends and Coping with Loneliness workshop (10 March) is more relevant than ever before during Covid-19
- Our Understanding Your Bereavement – Remembering and Honouring (16 March) workshop aims to give you the opportunity to express your emotions creatively as well as the chance to talk through your emotions with others
- Sign up to Just Coffee (virtual) and Walking Buddy (in person) to take a study break and meet new people.
Although this time may be isolating, it is important to remember that you are not alone in this experience. If you feel as though you could benefit from extra support mental health support from the University, you can access services from the Counselling team, check out Wellbeing Ideas For Uncertain Times or see our Emergency Support.
There is also lots of support outside of the university including:
- Nightline – Call Nightline and speak to a trained student volunteer about anything that may be troubling you. Student volunteers are on hand throughout the night if you just need someone to listen. (20.00-08.00, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- Togetherall – You can also get mental health support online via Togetherall 24/7, from wherever you are.
See more support outside of the University.