The Study Plus programme has been revamped with a new and exciting range of workshops, all of which are free of charge to attend.
All workshops in term one are taking place virtually. Places are limited to please book online early to avoid disappointment.
Wednesday 21 October 14.00-16.00 – ASPIRE – Business Start Up Journey
Find out more about the University’s flagship student start-up support programme at our inspirational launch, where we welcome serial entrepreneur Dr Mick Jackson, founder of WildHearts, a multi-million-pound group using its proﬁts to help humanity.
Hear from student entrepreneurs talking about founding their own businesses and learn more about the Business Start-Up Journey’s mix of interactive workshops and one-to-one advice sessions which will guide you through starting your own business.
Saturday 24 October 10.00-16.00 – ASPIRE – The Ideas Hack
Dive into our ideas hack where you’ll work with other students to find ideas using the Sustainable Development Goals as inspiration. Develop key skills using Design Thinking techniques that help you to fully understand what users want and how to unlock the innovation in your ideas.
Monday 26 October 11.00-12.30 – Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence refers to the capability to understand and recognise your own emotions and those of people around you, which is crucial to personal effectiveness. You will come away with:
- Understanding of the 5 elements of EI,
- The importance and impacts of EI in the workplace and for career building
- Actions they can take to increase their own EI
Monday 26 October 15.00-16.30 – Building Resilience
Building resilience is key! From the field of early years (0-5 years old) through education and into the professional working world, resilience is something we need to help us thrive in whatever stage of life we find ourselves and appropriately manage any challenges we may face. Most importantly resilience helps us in our personal and professional lives. By attending this workshop, you will learn:
- strategies to become more resilient
- how to challenge your limiting beliefs
- how to address challenges you face in life
- how to adopt a growth mindset.
Wednesday 28 October 15.00-17.00- ASPIRE – Problem Solving for Start Ups
The best businesses solve problems for their users or customers. In this interactive workshop we learn together how to pull problems apart and see how our start-up can really make a difference in solving the world’s problems.
Wednesday 28 October 18.00-20.00 – Meditation
This course will enable you to apply meditative practices to study, work and life:
- Applying knowledge of the roots and purposes of meditative practise to personal circumstances
- Utilising the basic principles of meditation to events and situations
- Adopting contemplative skills of mindfulness, focus, and personal transformation to activities
- Choosing meditative approaches that suit their needs
By the end of the session, you will have:
- Examined presentation fears and strategies to overcome them
- Understood some tools and models for presenting such as Kiss; The Pyramid Principle and INTRO
- Practiced presenting – speed style
- Explored ways to beat the nerves
Saturday 31 October 10.00-14.00 – Emergency First Aid
An introduction to Emergency first aid. This will be a 4 hour event. Please note we have limited spaces available so book soon to avoid missing out!
Book a virtual workshop now.