BALEAP is a body which supports the professional development of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) professionals. It also runs an accreditation scheme for EAP courses. We are delighted to be hosting the BALEAP Professional Issues Meeting (PIM) online on 6 November 2020.
The theme of the PIM is 2020 Visions: Looking Back and Looking Ahead.
The new decade has brought with it major shifts in higher education, with many challenges and opportunities. This event will allow participants to explore how EAP practitioners have responded to these and how they have influenced future plans. It will also allow participants to reflect on the past and look forward to the future, as we adjust to, work with and create the ‘new normal’.
We are now inviting EAP colleagues in the UK and further afield to submit proposals for sessions on a range of topics: a PIM online is a great opportunity to present from anywhere in the world.
Possible topics to explore are:
- the response to the ‘new normal’ so far, our plans looking ahead
- tools and techniques – from materials to assessment to pedagogy/approaches and blended learning
- the learning environment – inside and outside the classroom, the impact of a ‘digital first’ approach
- the learner – what does the learner now want and need?
- the practitioner – how has the changing environment affected us?
- how have we adapted to the changing environment?
- what has worked and what has not?
- what is next and where do we want to go?
Other suggestions are welcome. Submission Deadline: 17.00 (BST) Tuesday 6 October 2020
Further details about the PIM and how to submit a proposal for a session are on our website.