As the weather is beginning to get colder, it is important that you understand what to do during adverse weather. The Transport Team’s Travel During Adverse Weather page has been updated with relevant information to ensure you know what to do if adverse weather occurs.
The team have also created a Top tips to help you plan your journey in advance of travelling in snow, ice, high winds and torrential rain to ensure you are always prepared for travel disruption and are winter ready. In addition, the Transport Team’s Planning your Journey pages are updated regularly with useful journey planning tools and advice to assist you. Remember the weather can change at any time, you should be prepared for this before you start your journey.
Where possible the Transport Team will endeavour to keep the @unikent_travel twitter feed updated with all transport information and any travel disruptions on or around our campuses.
Ensure that you and your vehicle are prepared for driving in adverse weather conditions. Read some top tips to prepare for driving during the winter and don’t forget to plan your journey before you leave so you are aware of any disruptions.
Public transport, cycling and walking:
- Plan your journey, check if there are problems on public transport or local roads
- Delay your journey, if possible, to allow temperatures to rise and ice or snow to melt
- Avoid footways in the shade. It takes longer for ice or snow to melt in the shade
- Always wear appropriate footwear and reflective/bright clothing
- Ensure that you have a torch or lights so motorists and others can see you when walking or cycling. Think Be Bright Be Seen.
Other Useful Links: