Are you looking for a 12-month placement in Human Resources for 2019/20? Do you want real responsibility with the chance to influence household name coffee brands including Tassimo, Kenco, L’Or and Jacobs?
Global Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company (FMCG) JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) are looking for year-in-industry students from all degree backgrounds to join their diverse, global team of over 12,000 coffee champions, on a 12-month placement in Human Resources.
||Jacobs Douwe Egberts
||12-month Year in Industry Placements in Human Resources
||£16,000 + £1,000 sign-on bonus
||26th November – 7th December 2018
||9th November 2018
Who is the company?
– JDE is a €5 billion global business with around 15,000 associates based in 28 different countries, selling their brands in over 100 different countries around the world.
– Formed in 2015, JDE retains a start-up feel containing some of the leading brands in the Coffee and Tea industry including – Kenco, L’OR, Tassimo and Douwe Egberts to name a few.
– JDE UK is headquartered in Banbury, Oxfordshire, which is one of JDE’s global ‘Power Plants’ responsible for producing 20,000 tonnes of coffee per year across 9 production lines.
– The UK represents a top 5 global market for JDE and continues to be a growth engine for the category, driving premiumisation by leading the single-serve partition with the Tassimo brand and premiumising the instant coffee segment through Kenco, L’OR and the Douwe Egberts brands.
– JDE believes amazing things can happen over a cup of coffee and with values including Entrepreneurship, Solidarity, Accountability, Simplicity and Discipline working at JDE offers you an exciting opportunity to make an impact in the world’s largest pure play coffee company.
– JDE’s goal is simple but ambitious: a coffee for every cup.
“Everyone deserves the coffee they love.”
What are the roles?
– There are 2 very different HR placements available this year at JDE.
- Talent, Learning and Development:
– Learning and development (L&D) are in charge of developing resources and documents, handling logistics, admin and onboarding of new staff into the business.
– Talent look at the personal and professional development of the people at JDE. You will be helping to ensure that JDE has the best people by making sure they are undertaking continuous learning and development programmes.
– You will work with leadership teams, as well as with the Irish and Amsterdam HR teams. You can also shadow other parts of the business during your placement year.
- Human Resources:
– You will work with the Manufacturing HR team, supporting the Senior HR Business Partner and 2 HR Business Partners with more traditional HR delivery.
– This will involve working on updating policies, employee relation cases, trade union communication, supporting change programmes, supporting engagement strategy, as well as day to admin handling such as new starters, on-boarding, updates etc.
Why should you apply?
– Travel: JDE provide awesome opportunities to travel. Last year around half the placement students travelled abroad.
– Fantastic perks: 25 days holiday, free hot beverages (not just coffee!) and even Barista training!
– Student Charity Committee: Every Friday all the placement students get together for a fun charity meeting. Last year their charity work raised over £30,000 in total.
– Culture: At JDE they have a friendly, hands-on environment where everyone is encouraged to contribute and all opinions are valued. There is also a strong mentoring programme and you will be periodically reporting to senior business stakeholders and interacting with other placement students.
– Corporate Social Responsibility: From sourcing ingredients responsibly with internationally recognised standards, to partnering directly with suppliers to improve working conditions and protect natural resources, and aiming to make all manufacturing sites landfill free by 2020, at JDE they are driven by their passion for coffee & tea, care for people and respect for the environment.
Who is best suited to this role?
– Applications from any degree background are welcome.
– We’re looking for students who want to get stuck in and be proactive, who can work well in a team, are well organised and have good attention to detail.
– You must be an undergraduate looking for a 12-month Year-in-Industry placement from July 2019 to July 2020.
Click here to apply now:
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.