School of Politics and International Relations
Employability Spring Term Events
23rd January 2019, 1pm – 3pm
Alumni Careers in the Civil Service
• Annabel Kirkham, Chief of Staff in the Foreign Office
• Gabrielle Osei, Fast Streamer
• Sharon Atubo, Senior Policy Advisor, Civil Service
6th February 2019, 1pm – 3pm
Alumni Careers in Public Affairs, Public Relations and Engagement
• Rory Murray, Senior Public Affairs Adviser, Royal College of Physicians
• Matthew Partridge, Head of Recruitment and Retention Strategy for the National Education Union
• James MacCleary, Campaigns Director for the European Movement UK
• Misha Upadhyaya, Stakeholder and Engagement Officer at Mayor’s Office for Policing And Crime (MOPAC)
Don’t Panic Drop-In!
Wednesday 27th March, 2pm – 4pm – no appointment needed! Location: Careers and Employability Service
Need help finalising your CV before the end of term? Finding it difficult to job hunt and need advice? Don’t worry, come along to the School of Politics and IR drop-in session on 27th March.
Ngaio Lanfray and Liz Foden, Employability Adviser, will be on hand to support and advise you in the following areas:
• CVs & cover letters
• Online applications
• Cover letter writing
• Job hunting
• Using LinkedIn
29th April 2019, 9am – 5pm, London
Careers in International Affairs Field Trip
Fully funded day trip to Careers in International Affairs forum in London. Limited places available, apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would like to attend.
TERM TIME EMPLOYABILITY DROP INS:
POLIR Skills Hub on a Thursday, 11am – 1pm
or email email@example.com to book an appointment.