Information for Students
Kent Career Mentoring is a career mentoring programme that pairs Kent alumni with second and third year undergraduate students, as well as postgraduate students, to help them gain an insight into professional life.
Mentors help students to develop their knowledge and professional skills, which ensures that students begin their journey into the professional world with a solid foundation of knowledge.
Benefits for students
- Get valuable career support, advice and encouragement from an established professional
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Explore your chosen industry, sector or role
- Get job search, application and interview guidance
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction
- Develop employability skills and grow in confidence
- Improve your communication and personal skills
- Establish and build connections
When will mentoring take place?
Kent Career Mentoring takes place over four months (October 2022 – February 2023) with students speaking with their mentors at least once per month (meetings can be virtual, by phone or in person).
If successful, you must be able to commit to a minimum of 4x conversations with your mentor during the four month programme.
Eligibility – who can apply
The programme is open to:
- Current stage 1 and stage 2 undergraduate students (who will be starting stage 2 and stage 3 respectively, in September 2022)
- Stage 3 students going on to do a Kent postgraduate course in September 2022
- Kent postgraduate students who will graduate after February 2023
Students from the following schools are eligible to apply:
- The School of Anthropology & Conservation
- The School of Economics
- The School of Psychology
- The School of Politics and International Relations
How to apply
All participants will need to complete an online application which we will use for the matching process.
Mentors and mentees are matched as far as is possible by their expressed preferences and sectors of interest.