Seems a bit too soon to be thinking about graduate jobs right?
Except your first year is likely to be your easiest year academically, so it the perfect time to be putting in the hard work of figuring out who you are and what you want.
And if you can already answer these questions, then there is nothing stopping you from starting to make your dreams a reality.
Here is what to do in your first year
- book a careers guidance chat, either come and see us or make an appointment at the careers service,
- join and get involved in the student union or students societies you are interested in, for example.. Kent Model United Nations, UKC Feminist society, UKC Hope Not Hate, there are many more, follow your interests!
- find some part-time work, earn money while starting to build your CV and LinkedIn profile
- enhance and develop your skills for free with StudyPlus
- sign up for Employability Points for amazing work related opportunities and prizes
- reflect on your experiences and how they may relate to the world of work, keep a note of what are doing so you can refer back to it when you need to make applications and go to interviews