Foreign & Commonwealth Office – Student Ambassador (Immediate Start)
If you’re a budding journalist / blogger / influencer / writer with a passion for travel, then this is definitely the role for you…
We’re looking for creative, social media savvy students to work as Student Brand Ambassadors for the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. This is a really exciting opportunity to represent a government department – successful candidates will be involved in one of the FCO’s major 2019/2020 PR and marketing campaigns.
So, what does an FCO Ambassador do?
- Raise awareness of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s ‘Travel Aware’ campaign; a campaign aimed at making sure travellers research their destination and are prepared
- Create and publish interesting and relevant content/articles
- Organise and run engaging events on campus that help to communicate foreign travel advice to students
- Maximise campaign exposure by thinking of innovative ways to reach new audiences
- Create and share travel related social media content to enhance ‘Travel Aware’ exposure and help increase the following on Instagram (+ Facebook and Twitter too).
What are the benefits?
- Great opportunity for anyone interested in social media, marketing, writing, journalism, and/or a career at the FCO!
- Invaluable work experience for university students
- Highly competitive rate of pay
- Flexible workload designed to fit around your studies
Successful candidates must:
- Be a full-time student for the academic year 2019/20
- Be conscientious, resourceful and organized
- Be active on social media, and comfortable promoting the travel aware message from your personal account(s)
- Enjoy meeting new people and be confident when speaking to large groups
- Have an interest in travel
- Be creative! Having a good eye for what looks great on social media is a must + you’ll always be thinking of innovative ways to spread the travel aware message
- Have some form of journalistic experience, for example you may already write for a student media outlet, have your own blog, be an active You-Tuber or social media user
Click here for more information