The Campus Shuttle is an important service which connects the Medway and Canterbury campuses for staff and students, so we want to make it as efficient as possible. Therefore, The King’s Ferry are working with ‘Mobile Onboard’ to improve the booking system.
Due to a technical error with the shuttle booking system, it is currently unable to update the driver in real time with the number of seats booked for each journey. To combat this, we have implemented an interim solution. We would like to inform those who did not see our tweets earlier this term, that currently it is necessary to book a seat by 4am on the day of travel. This ensures a list of bookings can be given to the driver at the start of the day. Along with this, the driver will request to see your ticket and Kent One card to validate your booking.
Booking a ticket is quick and easy. Please see our step by step guide on how to book and cancel tickets below, it only takes a minute!
To book your seat:
- Book a seat on My Mobile Tickets from your desktop, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Log in using your University of Kent details. The first time you register you will be asked to confirm your email and mobile number.
- Choose the direction of travel for your journey and press ‘Book’. Choose the date and time you wish to travel and press ‘Select’. Check your booking details are correct and press ‘Get Ticket Now (Free)’.
- On ‘Your Tickets’ page, click ‘Show Ticket’ to access your ticket for boarding. You can either print your ticket, or show it on your smartphone when you board the shuttle. Please do not take a photo or screenshot of your ticket, as this can cause issues with the scanner and you may not be able to board.
Please remember to cancel your booking if you no longer require it, so we are able to offer the seat to another commuter. To cancel your seat:
- Go to ‘My Tickets.’
- Find the journey you need to cancel, and click on ‘Cancel Booking’.
- Confirm your decision and you will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
Please note that it is only possible to book a seat for journeys between Canterbury and Medway campuses. If there are spaces you are able to board the shuttle using your Kent One card to travel between any stops. You can also catch the 191 Arriva bus to travel between Medway campuses.
We are currently discussing with The Kings Ferry how to enable bookings between Medway stops in an effort to further improve the service for commuters.