GMF’s Brussels Forum Volunteer Program
The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is seeking volunteers to support operations at GMF’s Brussels Forum, a world-renowned international foreign and security policy conference. The Forum will take place June 25–26, 2020, at the Steigenberger Wiltcher’s Hotel in Brussels.
Volunteers will get first-hand experience providing operational support for a major international conference, attend exclusive events, and expand their professional network.
Why You Should Participate
GMF offers the opportunity for highly motivated students and young professionals to take part in the logistical coordination of GMF’s Brussels Forum conference. Volunteers will be offered the opportunity to work with a variety of teams including communications, security, guest relations, transportation, and production. Volunteers will also be able to participate in parts of the official conference.
Participation in the Brussels Forum Volunteer Program will count favorably towards a future Young Professionals Summit application, as well as other GMF events and programs.
* Please note that this is an unpaid volunteer position for a period of approximately one week. GMF will provide lunch and dinner during the conference. However, we ask that you arrange your own accommodation and transportation during your stay in Brussels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team
- Ability to work in an intercultural and fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and preferably another European language
- Flexibility to work long and demanding hours
- Interest in transatlantic relations
- Experience in event management is a plus, but not necessary
- Full availability during the days of the conference (June 26-29)
If you have any preference and/or experience in one of the following fields (security, guest relations, production, transportation assistance, and/or media), please indicate it in your cover letter.
Volunteers are expected to be fully available for the days of and day before the conference June 24–26 and partially available for the days preceding the conference June 21–23. Depending on availability, volunteers can also help with conference preparations from June 16–19.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to Zachary Tarrant at email@example.com. The deadline to apply is at midnight on April 3, 2020.
For further information, or if you have any questions, please email Zachary Tarrant at firstname.lastname@example.org.