Volunteer for the East Kent Mencap Street Party – 2 August 2019
East Kent Mencap is a charity that supports adults and children with a learning disability to become more independent.
The charity has run a summer event every year since 2008, with the aim of showcasing the work that they do locally for people with learning disabilities, in order to raise both funds and awareness. There will be food and drink, lots of live music, information stalls and all sorts of fun activities.
Event: Street Party 2019
Location: Foresters Hall, Meeting Street, Ramsgate, CT11 9RT
Date: Friday 2nd August 2019
Timings: Open 10am-pm to the public. For volunteer timings & tasks list overleaf – there is some flexibility in timings and volunteers would be welcomed who can help out for 4 or more hours (to make it feasible to complete inductions, handovers etc while the event is underway).
Number of volunteers needed: 20
Risk assessments / public liability insurance in place: Yes
Refreshments: Drinks & sandwiches provided (please make us aware of any allergens)
Parking: There are several pay-and-display carparks within a 5-minute walk, and some on street parking available on surrounding roads. Volunteers/Public will only be able to access as far as the council carpark. Further down the road surrounding our building will be closed for our event.
Volunteering tasks at the Festival include:
|Times||Tasks to assist with:|
– Construct Marquee for the rear car park
– Construct gazebos on front driveway and garden area
– Help set up DJ area if necessary
– Put up bunting and other decorations
– Put up signage
– Set up tables and chairs for stall holders
– Take time to learn about activities on offer to enable support to stallholders and festival attendees
– Set up refreshments in kitchen area
– Set up BBQ / seating & eating area in the garden. (BBQ under gazebo)
– Offer and deliver refreshments to stall holders
– Run/man welcome stall for visitors and ticket sales
– Hand out programmes
– Marshall / Steward the event – signpost people
– Run stalls such as bric-a-brac and clothes sale
– Help prepare and serve refreshments from the kitchen
– Aid musicians with their transition in/out of building as well as on/off stage.
– Take down decorations (bunting, banners, signs)
– Help clear away stalls, clearing table and chairs
– Ensure indoor areas in use are how they were prior to event
– Clear up litter at the end of the day
– Help stall holders load vehicles
– Help to ensure premises is left tidy.
Please get in touch to find out more about volunteering at the event: firstname.lastname@example.org