We have now launched our Emergency Support Fund in response to the cost-of-living crisis. This fund aids staff facing a short-term, emergency cash flow problem. The fund is intended as a safety net and is not designed to help staff facing long-term financial problems.
Staff can now apply for a one-off grant by completing an application form, which will be sent to the HR Reward team. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you. Please note, all enquiries will be handled in confidence.
What qualifies as a short-term financial problem?
There is no set list of situations, however, the fund is to help purchase essential products or services that have arisen from an unexpected situation. For example, you travel to work in your car but it has broken down and you don’t have the immediate funds to cover the cost of repairs.
Who is eligible?
To qualify, staff must:
- Have been in employment at the University for at least 6 months
- Have no received a grant from the fund in the last year
How much help can I get from the fund?
A net of £500 maximum on one occasion. The amount provided to an employee will be at the discretion of the panel as will the method of payment e.g. cash or voucher
What information is required when I apply?
- How much money you need and a breakdown of these costs
- Information detailing the unforeseen circumstances
- A declaration that you do not have the funds to cover these costs
- A receipt if the goods or services have already been purchased or an estimate/formal quote
Who will decide the outcome of the application?
A panel comprising of the Reward and Recognition Manager, a representative from Finance and an employee representative.