Did you know that the Student Learning Advisory Service (SLAS) is hosting no fewer than twenty five on-campus workshops at Canterbury and sixteen at the Medway campus this term? Most of these workshops are being delivered as hybrid sessions so you can join even if you cannot make it in person.
As we speed towards the second part of the Autumn term and assessment deadlines start to loom large on the horizon, it’s a great time to seek help from our advisers. Among the various academic skills workshops we have on offer are:
- Writing introductions and conclusions
- Paragraph writing
- Presentation skills
- Effective reading
- Critical thinking
- Using AI as a legitimate tool
- Advanced essay writing
- Good academic practice using TurnitIn
Plus we also cover a range of maths and stats topics such as:
- Anova and Chi-square testing
- Calculus – stationery points and slopes
- Calculus – differentiation
SLAS is here to help you become your best ‘academic you’ and to achieve your goals.