The Business Start-Up Journey Launch 2023: Wednesday 11 October 2023, 14:00-15:30. Sibson LT3, Canterbury, with FREE BUFFET.
Be inspired at the launch of this year’s Business Start-Up Journey where five amazing business founders share their start-up stories.
- Social entrepreneur Anna Woods went from a highflying career as a buyer for top high street fashion brands, to becoming the founder of her own sustainable fashion business, Positive Retail, tacking the retail industry’s waste issue.
- Sport and Exercise Science graduate Sophie Broom, the founder of The Awesome Anatomy Co, turned her artistic skills into a thriving business.
- Computing graduate, Tomiwa Sosanya, the founder of Do You Customs, has won collaborations with big brands with his customised trainers and accessories.
- Mathematics and Statistics student, Seth Mashate, discovered a gap in the market and plans to revolutionise data usage in the dental industry.
- Law student, Munya Mwaijumba is launching Glimmer, an app which empowers freelance hairdressers.
Anna of Positive Retail shares:
‘I started this entrepreneurial journey because I knew in my heart the industry needed a solution to overstocks and customers needed to be a presented with a way to shop ‘pre loved & resale’ on the high street that felt compelling. Resale already had lots of online options ‘vinted/ eBay/ vestiere’ etc but there was no bricks and mortar equivalent that honoured the product properly. I spotted a gap in the market to create stores where quality and value were honoured, along with the customer experience. Everything is expertly and thoughtfully curated, we have done the hard work for you- you’re not rummaging in samples sales, or bidding online. We’re here for you to have a chat and to try on in a premium environment.’
What started as a 6 week popup 2 years ago is now 3 stores with a massively bright future. We want to be the ultimate destination that brands think of for their surplus stocks and shoppers come for resale.
Being an entrepreneur has felt like a pleasure. Yes, it’s incredibly tough but after years of bucking against the system and being frustrated with the status quo, I get to bring my own brand to life. It’s thrilling, fun, exhausting and magical. It’s a gift every day to be able to use all my skills & wisdom to give something to the world I am very very proud of. I know this is only the beginning.’
Hear from Anna and the other business founders at the launch event, plus find out more about how ASPIRE can support you to start your own business and develop entrepreneurial skills to enhance your career and employability. There will also be a free buffet lunch provided.
All students are welcome to attend.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot.