The Santander Universities Scholars Programme is a new flagship initiative aimed at breaking down barriers for students who are most likely to face challenges when attending higher education.
The initiative provides funding to support them through to graduation, alongside training opportunities to develop their potential and help them build brighter futures.
The programme will support 100 full-time current undergraduate students, due to graduate in 2025, throughout the duration of their studies. They will receive £30k of funding over three academic years, a series of employability training and development sessions and a dedicated mentor to guide them through the programme.
This flagship, multi-million-pound scholars programme, was developed in collaboration with our partner universities, including the University of Kent, and is aimed at providing more structured and holistic higher education support that is ongoing, combats a range of challenges and is not just a stamp in time.
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be aged 18 or older.
- Applicants must be current full-time undergraduate students at the University of Kent, completing their undergraduate course in 2025. Any degree discipline is welcome.
- Applicants must qualify as a Home Fee Status student.
- Applicants must not be receiving more than £1,500 per year in external sponsorship
for their degree, for example, from other sources such as industry bodies/employers
(University Core Bursaries and Government grants do not affect your eligibility).
- Applicants must self-identify as part of at least one of the following under-represented
groups (guidance has been taken from the Office for Students’ existing list of underrepresented groups).– Students from areas of low higher education participation, low household income
or low socioeconomic status.
– Black, Asian and minority ethic students.
– Mature students.
– Disabled students.
– Care experienced students.
– Students estranged from their families.
– Students from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities.
– Students from military families.
Applications are now open and will close at 23:00 on 31 of January 2023.
Watch the video to find out more: