Kent Union’s Campus Pantry provides short-term support to students who find themselves in need of supplemental food. Whether you are experiencing financial difficulties, your loan is late or you simply need help getting through the term.
You will find the Campus Pantry in Mandela Student Centre and its opening times are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 12:00 – 16:00.
If you are in a position to donate, you can do so at the following locations on campus until 20 December:
- Mandela Student Centre
- Keynes Atrium
- Plaza Co-op
- Parkwood Co-op
You can donate foods that are non-perishable, unopened, not damaged, and still in date. This could include:
- Canned foods (meat, fish, veg, fruit, soup etc)
- Sauces (Curry, pasta, stir fry etc)
- Nuts/pulses/lentils etc
- Dry pasta/rice/noodles/couscous etc
- Nut butters and high protein spreads
- Long-life milk (UHT or powdered)
- Long-life fruit juice
- Dairy, Gluten and Wheat Free alternatives
- Tea/Coffee/Hot Chocolate
- Cooking oils
Non-food items are also needed, such as:
- Personal hygiene products (toothpaste, shower gel, shampoo, sanitary products etc)
- Products for babies, toddlers and children (nappies, wet wipes, baby milk powder etc)
Thank you for your support.