The Study Plus scheme provides a range of short-term courses and workshops which can enhance your graduate employability skills alongside your main subject specialism.
All events will be delivered virtually either by teams or zoom, details will be on Target Connect and sent to you beforehand. Here’s what’s coming up:
Study Plus – Digital Writing by Jakki Bendell 30 March 10.30-12.00
- Understand how digital writing differs from academic writing
- Know what to write about and how to engage your readers
- Plan and structure your content
- Get to the point quickly
Study Plus – ASPIRE Pitching finals and showcase 31 March 14.00-16.00
Selected student entrepreneurs have the chance to pitch their business to our panel of expert judges and win £1,000 to develop their business. Everyone is welcome to join the showcase and celebrate the Business Start-Up Journey programme.
Study Plus – Leading your Team Session 2 By Leanne Davies 1 April 13.00-15.00
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of being a leader.
- Explore different leadership styles and their impact on individual and team performance.
- Identify what motivates and inspires me and my team to do our best work.
- Delegate effectively to develop and maintain a performing team.
- Explore how to give and receive feedback to reinforce or change behaviour.
- Coaching questions?
Study Plus – Editing and Proofreading by Jakki Bendell 6 April 14.30-16.00
- Understand the difference between editing and proofreading, and why they are difficult
- Know how to check and improve the readability of documents
- Identify techniques to edit and proofread your document systematically
- Know what to look for
- Use free software editing tools
If you book and can no longer attend, please let us know by emailing email@example.com as we do have limited places.
We look forward to seeing you at the events and don’t forget to check out Study Plus term 3 events.