From Monday 8 March, the first step of the Government’s roadmap for moving the country out of lockdown comes into force. This means that the guidelines are changing slightly and that more of you will be returning to our campuses.
What you need to remember:
- Hands – please keep your hands clean.
- Face – wear a face covering inside University buildings and where social distancing can’t be maintained. There are exemptions for a number of health and other reasons, please be respectful of those who are unable to wear a face covering.
- Space – remember to socially distance from others.
- Test – if you display any symptoms that could indicate Covid-19, self-isolate immediately, get tested, and let the right people know. Please read our procedure if experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been advised to self-isolate.
Book your asymptomatic test
As long as you are symptom-free, please get tested regularly – you should be tested twice a week if you are living on or accessing the campus.
Socialising with one other person
From 8 March 2021, you can leave home for recreation and exercise outdoors with your household or support bubble, or with one person from outside your household. For example you can grab a takeaway coffee with a friend, just ensure you maintain social distancing.
Other things to remember:
- Follow local signage on and off campus.
- Look after your wellbeing and those around you.
- Report any behaviour you’re concerned about.
- Remember not everyone is able to wear a face covering – be kind.
- Travel to and from campus safely.
Thank you for looking after our University community.