The Universities at Medway have been awarded a further significant donation to The Medway Student Support Bursary. This donation will provide bursaries to home (UK/EU) students from Canterbury Christ Church University, University of Greenwich and the University of Kent each year. This is an excellent opportunity to apply for additional funding and the selected recipients will receive a bursary of either £2,500 (Autumn applications) or £1,250 (Spring applications).
Applying for this bursary is easy. Check the eligibility criteria below, if you meet the requirements, all you need to do is complete the application form and return it along with the required evidence by the deadline. The Selection Criteria and Important Notes below will provide guidance on this.
The deadline to apply by is 12 noon on the 9 November 2018 (Autumn term applications) and 12 noon on 8 February 2019 (Spring Term applications)
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE MEDWAY STUDENT SUPPORT BURSARY
In order to be eligible to apply for The Medway Student Support Bursary you must:
- be a home student (UK/EU)
- be currently registered full or part-time on an undergraduate degree programme based at the Medway Campus
- demonstrate a household income of £42,875 or less
SELECTION CRITERIA OF THE MEDWAY STUDENT SUPPORT BURSARY
- Your application will be considered on the basis of your fulfilment of the eligibility criteria and the 350-500 word statement sections demonstrating:
- why you are in need of financial support and what has changed in your financial circumstances since embarking on the programme
- what the award will be used for (See important note below)
- information about you and your aims and aspirations for the future
- You may want to include additional information relating to volunteering or ambassadorial work that you have done or are planning to do within the local community e.g. voluntary work, paid work, sports contributions, community activity organisations such as the Scouts etc.)
- awards will not fund general (exceptional travel may be considered) programme travelling expenses or new equipment such as laptops or phones
- awards are intended for the student‘s use only and not for family support
- The first payment will only be made upon submission of a thank you letter to the donors outlining how the Bursary will be used to support the Bursary recipient.
- The second payment will only be made upon submission of a report outlining how the Bursary has supported the Bursary recipient and how this support has impacted on their academic studies.
- successful recipients will be able to hold other awards whilst in receipt of the Medway Student Support Bursary such as the NSP and may reapply for a further bursary in subsequent years
- successful recipients will be required to sign a Bursary Agreement which sets out the conditions of the bursary award
- payment of the bursary will be suspended immediately, and any payments may be required to be returned, if an awardee:
(i) ceases to hold an offer of a place at any of the Universities,
(ii) ceases to be a registered student at any of the Universities,
(iii) becomes a debtor to any of the three Universities,
(iv) is found to have made a misrepresentation or misleading or fraudulent statement in connection with his/her application
- recipients are expected to remain in satisfactory academic standing
- students out on a placement year are not eligible for that year, but may apply once academic studies are resumed
- successful recipients will be required to write a report to the board detailing how the bursary has supported them and how this support has impacted on their academic studies. The deadline for submission of the report by the Medway Student Support Bursary recipients is 1 March 2019 (Autumn applications), and 24 May 2019 (Spring applications).
- All applications confirmed as meeting the eligibility criteria will be taken forward. The bursary recipient(s) will be chosen by the Medway Student Support Bursary Board which will meet in early December (Autumn applications) and early March (Spring applications) and all applicants will be advised of the outcome shortly afterwards.
Your completed application along with all required evidence can be scanned and emailed to us at email@example.com or a paper application can be submitted to M2-25 (Medway Building 2nd Floor).
We look forward to receiving your application and remember, the deadline is 12 noon on the 9 November 2018 (Autumn applications) and 8 February 2019 (Spring applications).
Jane Glew, Medway College Master.