Having listened to your suggestions from the recent Campus Shuttle survey, which over 450 staff and students completed, there will be some exciting changes to the service from January.
In response to your feedback:
- passengers will now be able to board the Campus Shuttle at Liberty Quays for travel to Pembroke campus and the Dockyard (Western Avenue)
- to allow for passenger boarding time without losing the hourly service, the shuttle will now only stop once on the Canterbury campus, at Keynes bus stop
- the service will no longer stop at Darwin bus stop
- the on-the-hour timetable will continue
- we are introducing two new, larger Campus Shuttle vehicles (49 and 34 seaters).
Medway student feedback was clear in wanting the new service from Liberty Quays to the Pembroke campus and the Historic Dockyard. To ensure we can keep an hourly service, the decision had to be made to remove one of the stops at Canterbury. The majority of you in the survey said you’d prefer to keep the Keynes bus stop, or had no clear preference.
Features of the new vehicles include Wi-Fi, USB charging points, more comfortable seats, a toilet and fold out tables on the larger vehicle. Both of the vehicles will be wrapped in a University of Kent design.
We’ll be publishing more information for the new improved service in the New Year on our Campus Shuttle webpages.