The Staff Disability Network are pleased to communicate that the previously known Day Walks will be starting again – they are now known as ‘Accessibility Tours’, to give a more inclusive feel and provide a greater understanding of the purpose of the tours.
The aim of the tour is to get a better understanding of the campus experience for disabled members of staff and students with a view to improve their experience.
The focus of the tours will be on:
- Routes to and from buildings
- Access into and out of buildings, particularly the new builds and the refurbished building.
The tours will occur during the following times of year:
- 22nd November 2018 – 13.00-15.00 – Canterbury, this will be an outside campus tour starting at the Main Library Entrance
- 13th February 2019 – 13.30-15.30 – Medway Campus , this will be an outside campus tour – start at The Royal Church on the Dockyard
- 8th May 2019 – 14.00-16.00 – Canterbury Campus – this will be reviewing the accessibility of new builds and refurbished building – Starting place to be confirmed
Exact routes will be communicated nearer to the time to allow for those that cannot complete the full tour to attend any part of the tour that they can. The tours are open to everyone to attend. There is no need to notify us of your intention to attend just meet us at the starting place of the tour.
As only limited numbers of tours can occur during the year, we are also encouraging you to be aware of your surroundings and report any issues that you feel are hindering access to areas or buildings, so we can investigate and action if necessary. Please send any concerns to either: Equality and Diversity email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org