If you’re starting at University of Kent’s Medway campus in September, you might be wondering where to study, how to get online, and how to find the books you need for your course.
Here’s an overview of the library and IT services you can use:
The Drill Hall Library
The Drill Hall Library is your main library at Medway. It has the books you need, plus study spaces, PCs and laptops, printers, photocopiers and scanners, and support for your subject.
- Read this useful guide to the Drill Hall Library. It tells you the basics, like when it’s open and how many books you can borrow.
- Visit the Library for your induction session, which has been pre-arranged by your School or department, to learn your way around.
- Look out for games, competitions and fun prizes in Welcome Week in the Drill Hall Library.Take part in our induction and experience summer seaside fun and games.
IT services for you
Here are some of the IT services you can use as a Kent student:
- Over 500 student PCs, laptops and 800 study spaces in the Drill Hall Library and University of Kent buildings.
- University Wi-Fi (eduroam) in all buildings at Medway. You can set up your Wi-Fi connection before you arrive on campus, which means you connect instantly when you get here
- Print, copy and scan machines across campus – all Kent buildings and the Library are connected to a nearby printer
- Borrow a laptop for a day loan from the self-service cabinet in the Pilkington building Monday to Friday 08.00 – 18.30.
Need a space to work? You can use the Postgraduate Researchers’ Room in the Drill Hall Library. This newly designed and furbished room is available for postgraduates from all three Medway universities, providing an excellent space to study, network, practice presentations and meet those with similar research interests.
Need more help?
For help with Library and IT Services:
- Websites: Library: www.campus.medway.ac.uk / IT: www.kent.ac.uk/is/hello
- Visit: Drill Hall Library
- Phone: Library queries: 01634 88 3878 / IT queries: 01227 82 4999
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (IT Queries)
- Online chat: www.kent.ac.uk/itservices/help
- Follow and message us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.