Please refer to our website for further information.
Stagecoach have improved their discounts for University of Kent staff and students by discounting their Canterbury Megarider tickets on production of your KentOne card or Kent Union staff ID card on each journey.
From 20 September you will no longer be able to purchase a uniday or uniweek ticket, it is recommended you purchase the Canterbury Megarider discounted tickets which give you unlimited travel not just to and from Canterbury but within the Canterbury megarider zone. Alternatively, don’t forget staff can purchase 13, 36 and 52 week tickets and students can purchase academic year and termly tickets at greatly reduced prices.
||Valid for 1 day
|NEW TICKET Canterbury dayrider 5
||each individual dayrider can be used on any day within a year of date of purchase.
|Canterbury Megarider week
||megarider is valid for 7 consecutive days from the date of purchase.
*All prices are correct as of 20 September 2015
Changes to the bus routes
Please refer to the website or route map for further details
- UNI2 – new route replaces the 26 bus service. Operates from Hales Place, to all stops at the Campus, Canterbury West station, Sainsbury’s, the bus station. From the bus station it uses the same route as the Unibus service.
- Number 36 – new bus serviceOperates from Whitstable, Keynes bus stop, Sainsburys, the bus station. From the bus station using the same route as Unibus service to Keynes bus stop and then onto Whitstable
- Triangle Service – change to timetable. Not all Triangle Services will operate into Keynes bus stop – please check the timetable. The Triangle service can be identified by the red triangle.
The University hosts a number of events and conferences during the summer, requiring coach and car parking. In addition, there are major maintenance works and new building developments taking place.
In order to manage parking safely and effectively through the summer the following car park disruptions are required:
– Giles Lane blue zone partial closure from 20 June to 11 September. This will be for coach parking and will change in size in accordance with the number of coaches requiring parking. This is dependent on the reported numbers given to us from Hospitality and other departments. This aims to stop coaches parking in central car parks. If you arrive to the University and find a coach parked in any of the central car parks please report this to Campus Security.
– Sports Centre blue zone car park full closure from 22 June until 11 September. This is for use by contractors working on summer maintenance works in central campus. (Please note there is still a requirement for some vehicles to use central car parks)
– Sports Centre blue zone car park partial closure from 14 September until 16 September. This is to assist with the Open day event on 16 September.
– Lypeatt Court car parks full closure until 14 September. This is for a site compound for the Hospitality refurbishments work.
– Park Wood Courts – Contractors for University building projects and projects within the Park Wood area will receive a permit to park within these car parks.
– Tyler Court B & C Accessible bays full closure until 14 September. As this area is being used as the site compound for Hospitality refurbishment. 2 bays will remain if possible.
– Rutherford rear Accessible bays will remain available to use but a manned barrier will be in place on the fire road which accesses these bays.
On Wednesday 16 September an Open day is being held which will results in car parks closures. Full details will be announced nearer the time.
The Traffic Regulations continue to apply.
On behalf of Kent Union: Giles Lane Pink and Blue Zone car parks will be closed from 23:00 on Friday 29 May and reopened on Tuesday 9 June, for the provision of Kent Union’s annual event Party in the car Park
Please remember that it is likely that other car parks in the centre of campus may be full and we advise you to consider alternative means of transport where possible. As per the Traffic Regulations we do not guarantee a space to park, however there is normally parking available in Park Wood Courts.
Parking enforcement will continue during the closure of Giles Lane car parks, please ensure that you continue to park in marked bays only within the car parks appropriate to your permit.
Pink permit holders can continue to use all Pink and Blue Zone car parks except Giles Lane.
Blue permit holders can continue to use all other Blue Zone car parks which will include the rear of the Sports Centre, Park Wood courts, Oaks and the Pavilion
On behalf of Kent Hospitality: Pavilion car park will be closed on Tuesday 2 June 2015 for one day only.
Pink permit holders can continue to use all Pink and Blue Zone car parks except Giles Lane & Pavilion.
Blue permit holders can continue to use all other Blue Zone car parks which will include the rear of the Sports Centre, Park Wood courts and Oaks.