The University hosts a number of events and conferences during the summer, requiring coach and car parking. In addition, there are major maintenance works and new building developments taking place.
In order to manage parking safely and effectively through the summer the following car park disruptions are required:
– Giles Lane blue zone partial closure from 20 June to 11 September. This will be for coach parking and will change in size in accordance with the number of coaches requiring parking. This is dependent on the reported numbers given to us from Hospitality and other departments. This aims to stop coaches parking in central car parks. If you arrive to the University and find a coach parked in any of the central car parks please report this to Campus Security.
– Sports Centre blue zone car park full closure from 22 June until 11 September. This is for use by contractors working on summer maintenance works in central campus. (Please note there is still a requirement for some vehicles to use central car parks)
– Sports Centre blue zone car park partial closure from 14 September until 16 September. This is to assist with the Open day event on 16 September.
– Lypeatt Court car parks full closure until 14 September. This is for a site compound for the Hospitality refurbishments work.
– Park Wood Courts – Contractors for University building projects and projects within the Park Wood area will receive a permit to park within these car parks.
– Tyler Court B & C Accessible bays full closure until 14 September. As this area is being used as the site compound for Hospitality refurbishment. 2 bays will remain if possible.
– Rutherford rear Accessible bays will remain available to use but a manned barrier will be in place on the fire road which accesses these bays.
On Wednesday 16 September an Open day is being held which will results in car parks closures. Full details will be announced nearer the time.
The Traffic Regulations continue to apply.