Repairs to roads and car parks (various car parks, Canterbury)
- Tuesday 11- Wednesday 12 December- There will be some minor works taking place to repair various portholes around Canterbury campus. The re-marking of hatched areas and parking bays at various locations around campus will also take place at the same time.
- The car parks which will be affected are: Sports Centre, Registry, Eliot, Rutherford, Monkswell, and Becket Court. This work will require Campus Security to close some parking bays in these car parks.
- Footpaths will be open and the roads will not be closed while this work is carried out, although there will be some barriers in places. Disruption whilst this work is being carried out will be kept to an absolute minimum.
Gulbenkian show (Central visitor pay and display car park, Canterbury)
- Tuesday 11- Thursday 13 December- Up to 6 bays daily will be closed in the Central Visitor pay & display car park, as requested by the Gulbenkian for their show.
Applicant Day (Giles Lane car park area behind Woolf, Canterbury)
- Thursday 13 December – 14 bays will be closed to assist with the Applicant Day, as requested by Recruitment and Admissions Office.
Barrier installation (Giles Lane car park, Canterbury)
- Monday 17- Friday 21 December- The barriers are being installed in the entrance and exit points of Giles Lane car park.
- Access points to and from the car park will be maintained throughout. At certain times alternative access points may be required. Temporary signage will be in place to help direct drivers. See Giles Lane changes webpage for all updates.
Coach and Minibus Parking (Park Wood Road Layby, Canterbury)
- This area is not a designated car parking area and is used for coach and minibus parking to reduce the number of these types of vehicles using the campus car parks.
- During the weeks leading up to the end of term this area will be busy on a daily basis for schools attending shows at the Gulbenkian, please ensure your vehicle is not parked within the layby
- We have introduced a new parking map onto the signage in the Drill Hall car park, Pembroke campus. The map shows which areas are the designated parking areas within this car park.
- We are unable to paint bay markings or lines within this car park, which is on the Parade Ground and is part of a heritage site. The parking bays are indicated by circular discs in the ground and planters to help differentiate the parking areas. Following feedback regarding parking in the Drill Hall car park, we have introduced the new map to the signage to further assist the car park users