There are plenty of reasons to car share:
- It can save you money
- It can reduce pollution from car emissions
- It can reduce the use of limited fossil fuels
- It gives you company on your journey
- It can reduce local congestion on roads and in car parks
- It can be safer (e.g. having company if you breakdown) and less stressful than doing all the driving yourself
- You can network and make new friends
If you would like to try car sharing but have no one to car share with, try searching our car share database UniShare South East which we share with Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Greenwich.
Don’t forget that if you have a car share parking permit you can park in the trial pink zone car share bays within the Estates car park. Find out more about car sharing on campus.