There is a large applicant day at Canterbury campus on Wednesday 28 February, as noted in the transport team newsletter, which is sent out every two weeks. 167 spaces will be reserved in Giles Lane car park, as requested by Enrolment Management Services. Where reasonable, you may want to consider alternative means of travel to and from campus, or allow more time for your journey.
Update: The large applicant day has been postponed due to adverse weather. Therefore the parking bays will no longer be reserved or this event.
As snow is forecast for this week, please take extra care and check with your travel provider before you travel. Our planning your journey webpage helps you plan your travel and provides useful links to check the status of your travel routes to and from campus.
Follow @unikent_travel on twitter for transport updates. The twitter feed can be viewed on the planning your journey webpage.
Remember weather can change at any time, be prepared for this before you leave. Please ensure you are familiar with the University’s Snow and Ice Policy to understand what to do during adverse weather. Learn more about gritting and snow clearing on campus.
Ensure that you and your vehicle are prepared for driving in adverse weather conditions. Read some top tips to prepare for driving during the winter and don’t forget to plan your journey before you leave so you are aware of any disruptions.
Public transport, cycling and walking
- Plan your journey, check if there are problems on public transport or local roads
- Delay your journey, if possible, to allow temperatures to rise and ice or snow to melt
- Avoid footways in the shade. It takes longer for ice or snow to melt in the shade
- Always wear appropriate footwear and reflective/bright clothing
- Ensure that you have a torch or lights so motorists and others can see you when walking or cycling
Plan your journey and be prepared for times of adverse weather.