The Estates Department understand that cycle storage is very important to you all and so we are working hard to provide more spaces for bikes to be stored on campus, as well as trying to improve the quality of the current cycle storage available. Here is an update in regards to some of the issues that have been raised today, as well as the projects we are currently working on:
Sport Centre road cycle storage update
· We are pleased to report that the issue regarding the Sports Centre road cycle shelter (sometimes referred to as Jennison) has now been resolved and in working order. We are looking at how to improve communications in regards to if locks are not working in the future.
New cycle storage
· The Cornwallis East cycle rack is currently awaiting power to improve lighting and to provide card access control.
· The Central Visitor car park is currently awaiting power to improve lighting, CCTV and to provide card access control. The official opening day is for this cycle shelter is 19 October.
· The Darwin bicycle shelter is awaiting power to provide card access control and CCTV. The Project Team are aiming to complete this shelter before the end of October.
· The bicycle storage at the bottom at the bottom of St Stephen’s Hill next to the Tyler Court steps is now completed and in use.
Old cycle storage
· Once the Central Visitor car park cycle shelter is completed and fully operational, the old Cornwallis bike storage near the Gulbenkian main entrance will be closed.
· Once the new Darwin bicycle shelter lock has been activated and the shelter is fully operational, the old Darwin bicycle shelter with the College, will be closed.
Follow @unikent_travel on twitter or check back here for further updates