Are you looking for a new hobby or sport? Check out our brand new Les Mills classes starting from 30 January 2023 and take your first step to a fitter, more confident you.
Who is Les Mills?
The Les Mills story began with Kiwi Olympian Les Mills in the ’70s, the brand has been driven forward by generations of Mills, with the first virtual class taking off in 1980. 50 years on Les Mills is seen as one of the best fitness programs there is, with a diverse range of workouts, brought to you by a host of world-class instructors on the big screen. Based on science, Les Mills classes have been scientifically designed to get results and make you fitter, faster and more resilient. Who is Les Mills… you are.
What are virtual instructor classes?
Using technological advancements, Les Mills classes offer exciting, cinematic versions of live classes, direct to your gym. Located in Kent Sport’s dance studio, Les Mills classes will stream throughout the day, bringing you a more frequent, diverse range of classes. As the name suggests, these classes are unlike traditional fitness classes, where instead of the classes taking place virtually at home, the sessions take place in person at Kent Sport, with a virtual instructor.
So whether you are lacking space to work out at home or you crave a little more motivation, Les Mills Virtual Instructor classes (VIC) can help! Working out with VIC brings you the best of both worlds.
The fitness and dance studio has enhanced lighting and sound and can be split in two for more intimate classes. The studio is an ideal environment for group exercise and has the capacity for a wide range of classes:
- Top-quality sprung wooden floor
- Mirrored walls
- Mood lighting
- Effect lighting
- Hearing loop
- 31 studio Spinners
What classes are there?
Kent Sport has designed a broad timetable, integrating VIC with their current face-to-face instructor lead classes. Whether you’re looking for a hardcore HIIT-style workout or a more delicate but intensive flow, our timetable has something for everyone.
Class breakdown (courtesy of LesMills.com)
- BODYPUMP: Get toned, lean and fit with this total body workout, suitable for everyone.
- BODYCOMBAT: Power your way to total fitness with this martial arts-inspired workout.
- BODYBALANCE: Combining yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates, improves your mind body and soul. Suitable for all.
- BODYATTACK: High-energy fitness class combining athletic movements with strength exercises.
- LES MILLS CORE: A scientific core workout for incredible core tone and sports performance.
- RPM: An indoor cycling class set to motivating music. Burn calories, get fit and feel euphoric.
- SH’BAM: Leave your ego at the door and get set to party with this insanely addictive dance workout.
- LES MILLS GRIT A series of 30-minute HIIT workouts, scientifically designed to deliver results through intense athletic training.
- THE TRIP: Journey through digitally-created worlds on this 45-minute, multi-peak cycling workout.
- LES MILLS BARRE: A 30-minute workout designed to shape and tone postural muscles, build core strength and free your inner dancer.
- LES MILLS SPRINT A 30-minute cycle HIIT workout scientifically designed to burn calories, build lean muscle and drive athleticism.
How can I take part?
We have a variety of membership packages, available to students, staff, alumni and members of the public. Each comes with a list of benefits, with our Premium Plus package offering the most. If you’d just like to pop in for the occasional visit, we also offer Premium, Plus, and Pay-to-Play memberships, giving you the flexibility to tailor your activities and choose how active you’d like to be.
You can join Kent Sport online or at the Sports Centre and The Pavilion receptions. Alternatively, if you’d like to take the next step and upgrade your current membership, you can do this on your next visit to the Sports Centre.
Once you’re a member use the booking portal to secure your place – simply log in to your online account and book the desired class under ‘Activity’. Check out our ‘Kent Sport online booking system’ blog for more information.
To see all our virtual and in-person instructor classes, visit our Fitness and dance classes webpage.
We hope to see you sh’baming your way to Kent Sport soon!