- Use TargetConnect to search for Volunteering roles
- Kent County Council: https://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-community/volunteering
- Volunteer Centre: https://www.ncvo.org.uk/ncvo-volunteering/find-a-volunteer-centre?view=map
- Do it.org: https://doit.life/ours
Specific Organisations that may be relevant to LSSJ Courses:
- PACT; Prison, Advice and Care Trust: Volunteer | Prison Advice and Care Trust
- Interventions Alliance: work with the Probation Service to support people on probation to build a better future or improve their wellbeing. This includes education, training and employment support, accommodation, and personal wellbeing support – they’re continually looking for volunteers to support their work in these areas: https://interventionsalliance.com/contact/volunteering/
- Young Lives Foundation: The Young Lives Foundation – Making a Difference (ylf.org.uk) The Young Lives Foundation (YLF) is an award winning independent children’s charity with expertise in Advocacy, Mentoring, Befriending and Activity Programmes
- The Forward Trust – The Forward Trust empowers people to break the cycles of addiction or crime to move forward with their lives. We offer opportunities in our prison and community projects, as well as our Head Office teams.
- Bridging the Gap – http://www.btguk.org/index.php/about-us BTG aims to help reduce re-offending by helping discharged prisoners settle into their communities after release.
- Kenward Trust – Kenward Trust offers residential rehabilitation for those with alcohol and drug addiction issues, as well as supporting family and friends of those affected by addiction.
- Choices – Choices supports adults, children and young people in East Kent, Medway & North Kent who have been affected by domestic abuse.
- Citizens Advice Bureau, Tunbridge Wells. Citizens Advice is a charity that relies on volunteers to give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. Citizens Advice Tunbridge Wells offer confidential advice online, over the phone for free. They are now recruiting for volunteers to work and train remotely as advisers and this would be an amazing opportunity for undergraduate law students to gain experience in a legal setting and give them an edge when they graduate.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for a position on their volunteer training programme.
- Age UK: https://www.ageuk.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/neighbourly-volunteering/
- The Prince’s Trust: Prince’s Trust Online Mentors
- Project Implicit – non-profit organisation and international collaboration between researchers who are interested in implicit social cognition
- Porchlight – Porchlight is Kent’s largest charity for homeless and vulnerable people