The Centre for English and World Languages have a variety of courses on offer over the next year for both students and staff which could greatly improve your employability!
The following modules and courses are running in 2019/20:
- English Language and Academic Skills (ELAS): in-sessional workshops and individual writing and reading tutorials, which provide additional training in English for Academic Purposes to all international students. The workshops are completely free – students can sign up for the modules via Workshops in SDS or book an appointment for the tutorials via Target Connect.
- Credit-bearing World Language modules are wild modules in Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin and Russian. Available to all undergraduate students to support study abroad, their own interest and future employability.
- Language Express: friendly, assessment-free evening classes in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish and Russian (Canterbury) French or Japanese (Medway). Open to all students (and staff).
- British Sign Language Level 1 and 2 certificated courses accredited by Signature. Open to all students (and staff).
- CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages): an internationally recognised qualification to teach English as a foreign language and the gold standard for EFL teaching. We run a full-time intensive course from 15 June-16 July 2020. Open to anyone who wants to qualify to teach EFL to adults and who has a suitable competence in English (minimum C2/C1 CEFR).
- Study Plus provides additional learning opportunities outside the confines of credit-bearing modules or any specific degree discipline and is available to all Kent students studying at any level