The Employability service will be holding another Volunteering Workshop (AKA Volunteering Roadshows) hosted by Alex Krutnik, the Director of the Canterbury & Herne Bay Volunteer Centre.
These are participatory workshops, enabling all who attend to gain a fuller understanding about volunteering.
Date and Time: Tue, 30 July 2019, 10:00 – 12:00 BST,
Location: The Horsebridge Centre, 11 Horsebridge Road, Whitstable, CT5 1AF, View Map
This free session is aimed at:
Volunteers who are:
- interested or thinking about volunteering
- new to volunteering
- already volunteering and want to know more
Organisations who are:
- interested or thinking about utilising volunteers
- already utilising volunteers
- inducting new volunteers
- wanting to contribute to the personal and professional development of staff or volunteers
This session will cover:
- a general overview of volunteering
- the different types of volunteering available
- why people volunteer and why organisations utilise volunteers
- recruitment of volunteers
- what organisations need in place to support volunteers
- what volunteers should expect from the organisations they volunteer with
If you wish to register for this event, please click here
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Any travel expenses will be refunded for the volunteers who attend.
Please note that there are limited places available on this workshop.