Kent Law School has arranged a Kent-only Open Day at global law firm Dechert on 18th January. The Open Day will include an insight into the firm and what they do, including their training contracts; a skills session; and, networking with trainees, partners, graduate recruitment team. This is an ordinary open day but exclusively available to students from Kent (and that includes non-law students too).
- Open to:
- KLS students in stage 2, 3 or on a postgraduate degree
- any final year student on any other degree/PG degree at the University of Kent
- Must not be a qualified lawyer (in any jurisdiction)
- Must be on track for a 2.1 degree and have AAB grades at A level (or equivalent). Real mitigation for slightly lower grades will be taken into account. If you wish this to be considered please supply information with your application.
- Genuine interest in the type of work that Dechert does. Some of their main areas are corporate securities, investment funds, litigation, white-collar crime.
- You must be commercially astute.
- International students may apply.
Your travel costs, up to £75, will be reimbursed by Dechert (please note, transport will not be organised for you – you find your own way there and claim your costs after the visit). Lunch will be provided.
How to apply:
If you wish to be considered for a place on this Open Day provide the following information:
- CV – it must include each module that you have studied and the grades achieved.
- Details of any access or dietary requirements
- In no more than 400 words explain why you wish to attend the Dechert Open Day
Email your application to Jayne on email@example.com with “Dechert Open Day” in the subject bar.
Deadline to apply for non- Law students: 9am, Wednesday 12 December
The eligibility criteria will be strictly applied and the standard of applications should be the same as if you were applying directly to the firm. Applications will not be considered until the deadline. As such, incomplete or substandard applications will not be identified before the deadline and no second chances will be given.