The Careers and Employability Service is a dedicated department within the University, whose sole responsibility is to support you with every aspect of your employability development and career prospects.
The CES careers and employability advisers are committed to helping you to prepare for employment and further study. Based in their own building (head down the road from the centre of the Canterbury campus towards Keynes College, and you will see it on the left hand side of Keynes), they offer a wide variety of information, advice, and guidance services that can help you get ahead, including:
- Guidance interviews with a Careers Adviser
- Drop-in hours for CV feedback, interview tips, and other questions
- A resource library containing an array of information on careers and employability
- Guidance on making applications and preparing for interviews
- Skills workshops and talks
- The Kent Experience of Work scheme and the B-KEW bursary
- Publishing a monthly newsletter detailing all the employability events on- and off-campus, job and placement vacancies, and other employability news
The CES also coordinates the annual Employability Festival and the Careers Fair, runs the Careers and Employability Award on Moodle, and hosts a vacancy database of opportunities for graduates, placement students, interns and volunteers with local, regional, national and international employers.
The CES is open all year round, and during term time drop-in sessions are held Mondays-Fridays from 10:30-12:30 and 14:00-16:00 at the CES. You can also contact them via the details below.
|www.facebook.com/ukces||T: 01227 823299|