Funding for volunteering

The Careers and Employability Service offers a number of bursaries to help cover the cost of volunteering while you are a student.

Chief among these is the Kent Experience of Work Bursary (or the B-KEW as it is most often referred to). The B-KEW is there to help cover out-of-pocket costs you incur for travelling to and from volunteering and unpaid work experience placements. The bursary allows you to claim back the costs incurred during the first three weeks (or first 120 hours) of work experience. The bursary is available to all students who meet the basic eligibility criteria; for information and to apply for the bursary, head to the CES website.

Volunteering in…