Youth Support Worker at The Leigh UTC
Voluntary work experience opportunity for Psychology students – ideal for anyone intersted in working in Education Psychology
Key Recruitment Information
- Voluntary position
- Length of contract: Negotiable, but ideally until July.
- Hours/days of work: Days are negotiable but would need to be full days, 9 – 4
- Location (indicate if remote): Dartford
- Responsible to: Assistant Principal
- Job title: Various available – TA or Youth Support Worker
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com
Please include a statement that includes your degree subject, reasons for applying, career aspirations and availability. If you have a CV, please also send a copy of this with your email.
- Application deadline: December 1st
- Interviews are expected to be held on: Held as applications are received.
- Expected start date: January 9th 2023
Students at The Leigh UTC “are proud to attend a school that is realising its vision of ‘developing STEM professionals for the future global market’” Ofsted, 2022
The Leigh UTC opened in 2014 with state-of-the-art facilities. We are the first UTC to join a multi-academy trust, the first UTC to become an IB World School, the first UTC to be built in Kent and among the first Academies in the UK to offer T-levels. We were the first UTC to open from Year 7 and have been oversubscribed in all year groups ever since, now serving over 800 young people from Kent, Medway and South-East London. We are a pioneering Academy and are looking for like-minded, ambitious people who can make great things happen for the young people in this community.
Description of the Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our highly effective SEND department. As a team we are passionate about levelling the playing field and ensuring that all students are given the chance to achieve their potential, irrespective of their additional needs or disabilities.
We work really closely with our 15 EHCP students and an SEN register that is 14% of the academy population. With the ever more complicated SEN landscape we are looking for someone who shares our passion and has the tenacity to ensure that we get the very best for our young people and their families. We firmly believe that all of our students can become STEM professionals for a future global market
This experience role will be ideal for someone who is considering a career in teaching, Educational Psychology or child care more broadly. Across our Trust we have an expansive network of professionals that successful candidates will have access to, really furthering your experience and opportunities within education.
The ability to run a club or intervention would be a benefit, but we are willing to train the right candidate in an area of need to support with this.
The Leigh UTC is a very special place to work and pre-application visits are both encouraged and welcomed.
Qualifications / Training
A Levels or equivalent (Essential)
DBS check (Essential) – we are willing to organise and pay for this for successful candidates.
Experience / Knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Outstanding literacy and numeracy levels
- The ability and willingness to support students up to GCSE in a chosen subject area.
Skills / Abilities
- Friendly and approachable (Essential)
- Confident manner (Desirable)
- Good communication skills (Essential)
- Good time management skills (Essential)
- Reliable and trustworthy (Essential)
- Able to show initiative (Desirable)
- Able to work independently (Essential)
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills (Essential)