Ridgeway Information empowers organisations to make better-informed decisions on issues that matter. We give our clients the confidence to identify opportunities, mitigate risks, tackle challenges, and understand the landscapes they inhabit. We do this by providing verifiable insight gained through expert research and analysis of client-supplied and open sources.
You can find out more on our website: https://ridgeway-information.com/
Ridgeway is looking for 6 Assistant Researchers to join our nuclear non-proliferation research team. You will work 4 days per calendar month, remotely or in our London office, for 12 months. You must be normally based in the UK, preferably near London, for the duration of the programme.
You will have:
- Permission to work in the UK by the start of the employment (unfortunately, we cannot sponsor working visas for this role, and the process to acquire the relevant documentation can take a long time)
- A 2:1 (or equivalent) or above undergraduate degree
- University enrolment as a postgraduate student in the 2022-23 academic year
- Strong research and communications skills
- A keen interest in public policy and/or international affairs
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
You might have:
- Language skills (e.g., Arabic, Farsi, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Turkish)
- Technical knowledge (e.g., ArcGIS, Python, R)
You will gain:
- London Living Wage pay
- Training in open-source and innovative research methods
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which includes mental health support
- Potential opportunities to work extra days by mutual agreement
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please fill in this form (link).
The form asks you to share details about yourself, your educational background, and previous experience. You will also be asked to provide a brief Supporting Statement and writing sample. Details about how your data will be stored and used are included on the form.
The application form closes on 3 October 2022.
- Application form closes: 3 October 2022
- Interviews: 10-14 October 2022
- Start date: 24 October 2022
Accessibility, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Ridgeway Information values diversity. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, ages, and experiences, and we highly encourage applications from people of colour, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals. If you require reasonable accommodation to apply, please email email@example.com, including “Accessibility support” in your email title.
In line with our commitments to Gender Champions in Nuclear Policy and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) more broadly, all applications will be considered blind to gender, race/ethnicity, and educational institutions. You are not required to report this information.